"For He is our peace, who hath made both one, (the chosen people of Israel and the gentiles) and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;" Ephesians 2:14Is Jesus your peace?
Answer these questions and you will have your answer.
- Do you know Jesus in the way that you look to him in more than formal or corporate prayer?
- Do you count on Jesus having a role in your everyday affairs?
- Have you set your goals around Jesus having a say in your direction?
- Do you look to Jesus for your sustenance?
- Do you talk to Jesus and listen carefully for a response?
- Do you follow Jesus in the way you interact with others?
- Do you have a daily interest in the things of God?
- Do you have joy in your heart because you have come to trust Jesus in even your worst circumstances and situations?
- Do you wake up knowing that Jesus is in control and Jesus is totally committed to meeting your needs for the day as well as helping you fulfill the desires of your heart?
- Do you believe every Word from your Bible?
- Do you even want Jesus to be your peace?
All of the changes that get made to make you more like Christ will come in time. Jesus will walk you through the process at a speed conducive to your nature and He will change you from the inside out by the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. And Jesus will become your peace. It is here, at this place in time, where Jesus wants you to become like Him. Even if there were only one more day ahead of you and 80 years behind you; one day with Jesus as your peace accounts for more than a lifetime without.