Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2019

Daily Devotional January 12 - Be Still

"My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long?  Psalm 6:3

Vexed as used here is from the Hebrew word, (bahal), which means to worry, to worry inwardly hard, to be made afraid inside, deep internal fear.

Do you worry?  What is on your mind right now that makes you worry?  Are you worried deep down in your soul that things won't turn out the way you want them to?  Are your bills piled up so high that you can't see over them?  Is there another issue so troubling that you really don't want to talk about it? 
Are you troubled by a double-crossing friend?  Have you lost your job and you don't know how you are going to make it?  
  • How long, O  Lord?  How long will you make us wait until you answer? 
  • Why do you let things get so out of sync? 
  • Why is there so much unfairness? 
  • Can't you see that I am vexed inside? 
  • Don't you care if I drown in my problems?
All of these questions are valid.  Please don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't feel this way and have these questions when things aren't going right in your life.  Don't fall for the rhetoric that all this is to make you stronger or that God brought it on to test you.

Problems, pain, suffering, vexation, worry is all from the fall.  God has the solutions.  God is the healer.  God answers prayers.  God provides deliverence.  God intervenes in the affairs of men, but God did not put you in peril to get you out of it so that He can be the hero.

Here's the best way out of your situation.
Go to God and talk about it.  Tell God what your role is/was in getting into your situation.  Be honest.  Say things like.  I did it.  I caused it, or, I started it, but I had no idea it would go this far.  Or, I really didn't know anything about it.  I was blindsided.  It doesn't matter to God who is the culprit.  All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.  But it does matter that you are honest with God.  If you are not, don't expect help. But let's say you are honest with God about your situation.  Are you thinking that there is nothing that God can do about it?  Or since it was your own fault that there will be no reprieve?  Listen carefully.  God already knows every minute detail, whose fault it is/was, who is to blame, who caused the whole thing to blow up into something unnatural, every little detail.  But what has happened has happened.

Listen to God as God unravels your situation and tells you what to do next.  God will tell you what you need to know.  God has already told you what to do.  Reach into the inner man and get answers and results.  Be quiet before God and listen carefully.

Here are some of the things that God might speak into your soul:
I know your situation.  Trust Me to get you through.  The real outcome is that you finally seek Me, find Me and find rest in Me.  I gave you peace in your soul already.  I have laid out a plan to take you to the end of this.  I will go through it with you.  I am here.  I am available.  I am listening.  I am working this out on your behalf.  I have already put in motion all that is necessary.  Don't fret about it.  Your worry is not founded on truth.  Rest assured that I am with you, even until the end of time.  Yes, I know that your situation is big, terrifying and totally unfair, but I am bigger, working along side of you and I am just.

This is the most important part.  I am working this out because you are my son/daughter.  I see my Son when I see you.  Jesus already paid the price for your restoration.  You are being restored right now.  You are being loosed from your chains.  You are being filled with My provision.  You are precious to Me and I will see you through it.  And we still say, O Lord, how long?  And God still says, be still.  And we say, how long?  And God says, be still.    

No comments:

Post a Comment