Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Daily Devotional May 1 - Hold Close To Jesus

"And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the Mount of Olives. And Jesus saith unto them, all ye shall be offended because of Me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered." Mark 14:26-27

I have a hard time believing just how prejudiced a good portion of Americans are against Christianity. It seems that daily we are under attack by atheist and agnostics. Out laws are changing allowing less freedom of personal rights for Christian expression while opening up and expanding the rights other groups.
While this is happening there will come a time if it hasn't already happened in your life that you won't fit in with the 'in crowd.' If you are following the Lord with all your heart you will have to be making alternate decisions to that of your co-workers and many family members. They will want to go and do certain things that you are very uncomfortable talking about, much less being a part of. But you will be pressed.

How do/will you fare with that kind of pressure? Will you be offended to stand for Jesus? Maybe you are already dabbling with the world and you are currently involved in something or with someone that you know in your heart is not right. Jesus said His disciples would be offended because of Him that very night. They didn't believe Him, but just a few hours later, they denied even knowing Him.

People, even other Christians will find many occasions to:

  • Put you down
  • Make fun of you
  • Demonize you
  • Ostracize you
  • Lie about you
  • Stereotype you
  • Profile you

Can I say, that when the smoke clears, I want to still be standing with Jesus.

Give me the strength Lord to stand with you when the fiery darts of opposition come my way. Help me to keep my focus. Help me Lord to stand with you when it would be so much easier to cave. Help me to be a light and a good example to others by holding close to my Savior."

No comments:

Post a Comment