Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Daily Devotional February 1 - God Is Right By Your side

"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."  2 Peter 3:9

For just a moment try to comprehend your life with God not ever having done anything to or for you. Have you ever had the thought that God is just not on the job? Have you ever thought that all that you accomplished was of your own doing and that you really didn't need God's assistance? If you have I hope you have come to find out what I found out. I've had these same thoughts, but I know better now. Of all the doubt I've had over the years, it cannot begin to compare with what I know to be true about God.

Of course there are moments of doubt, but just one thought about our loving god and it can be washed away. I have seen how God intertwines His handiwork with our faith. I have seen the results when I choose to go the other way. It is empty and vain, futile and mundane. God is and has always been right by your side and then inside your being after you received Christ as your Savior. He is not slack concerning His promise or anything. God is holding you up right now. God is preparing a way for you right now. You have never been alone, nor will God let you go into this next thing alone. And if even the tiniest thought of unworthiness has entered your mind, shake it off. You and I were never worthy. God cannot help but to be God, in spite of ourselves."

No comments:

Post a Comment