Search This Blog

Monday, January 15, 2018

Daily Devotional January 14 - Faith Is A challenge

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible."  Mark 10:27  "Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." Mark 9:23

I just wonder, what are my possibilities?  Is there some way that I can have assurance that my dreams will come true?  Have I squandered my time and let multiple possibilities get by me?  Are there possibilities that I could be enjoying, but I do not recognize them?  And of course the question that all of us want to ask, but never do, 'why doesn't God just show us everything clearly?'  

I believe that God does show us everything clearly, but I have reservations about some of His servants/pastors/priests/ministers.  Men and women of the cloth should be saturated in the Word of God to the point of excess.  Their prayer life and their walk should be exemplary.  They should be walking with God and hearing from God and dispensing what they are hearing.  You should be too. 

The truth is that you have great possibilities and I believe Jesus.  Go get them.  Take from the plethora of the bounty that God has put in front of you.  It was all created for you and me and all those around us, the saved and the unsaved.  If the unsaved can take from this well of plenty and make use of it and build and create and benefit others, how much more should we, the children of God be accessing and utilizing God's provisions.  

Too much apathy is voiced and preached.  I'm tired of complainers complaining about things that happened ten years ago.  And there is entirely too much attention given to this world's advertisers.  You don't need what they are selling.  You need what God is giving out freely.  Many of our un-successes (I know that this is not a word but failure isn't accurate either,) are from under-using what God has already provided.  Even if we only used what was available already, we would have more than we need to increase our possibilities, if we were to believe God.  Jesus tells us that if we can believe God, all things are possible.  Here's the challenge.  Can you believe God, even if it goes against what you have been taught?  If not, it is not likely that all things will be possible to you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment