Search This Blog

Monday, April 10, 2017

Daily Devotional April 9 - Jesus As Friend

"Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of My Father I have made known unto you." John 15:15

Are you completely sold out to being the friend of God. Of course I said God. "For all things that I heard of My Father I have made known unto you." The Father said, 'it's time to let them know their true place in life, a friend of God.' This is not a very popular concept, because so many pastors today either want you to be afraid of God (leverage) or to think of God as a magical genie, (emotional relationship), but 'friend' hits deep into the soul of what God had/has in mind for man.

It has always been like this from the beginning. We were created in the image and likeness of God and within that image and likeness is all the components needed to secure a deep and loving friendship. God designed you to be His friend, to talk to, to commune with, to laugh with, to go through troubles with, to suffer with, to be encouraged with, to encourage others with, to find your place in life, to help others find their place in life, to advise you and so that you can advise others, to comfort you and give you the wherewithal to comfort others, to go through all of life with God as your friend and your God.

The Father told the Son (Jesus) to call us friends. If that's not assurance that you can bank on, nothing is. Next time someone asks you about God, can you say that He is your friend? Go ahead
just say God is my friend. I am a friend of God. I am God's friend. Can I mention that God is also friendly. There is no friend like Jesus. Do I need say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment