Search This Blog

Monday, April 10, 2017

Daily Devotional April 6 - What Do You See when You Look Around?

"Oh LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches." Psalm 104:24

The psalmist must have had a deep understanding of God to pen these words and all of Psalm 104. It would do you well to take time to get to know God in this way. I know from my own experience that it is easy to get caught up in the day to day, worldly pursuits and not take the time to see and grasp all that has been made for us. I was on a mountain cliff last night overlooking a long view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It was breathtaking. It was overwhelming. I felt close to nature in a good way, but I sensed that we have not done well in working with nature to accomplish our human goals.

Even though I don't have the answers to how to stop our foolish pillaging of nature I do recognize its greatness. I see the wisdom of God built into nature. I know that God has made them all. I see the wisdom of it. I know the earth is full of His riches. I am so thankful that I have come to this place in my life where my surroundings have meaning. I hope you are not so caught up with what you are doing that you don't give any time to recognizing the glory of God in the many wonders that God made. I no this is a small thing, but the psalmists wrote about the mighty wonders of God's creation quite a lot and God allowed it to become our guidebook to life. Maybe there is more to connecting to the natural elements than we have previously acknowledged.

The earth is full of His riches. How wondrous are His creations and worthy of our acknowledgement. There's beauty at every turn. Look for it, find it and thank God for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment