Search This Blog

Monday, April 24, 2017

Daily Devotional April 23 - Can You See God?

"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handiwork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard." Psalm 19:1-3

For your sake and that of the entire world, God cannot be hid. That which you can see declares that which you cannot see. Day and night God is being revealed. There is nowhere you can go where the words of God cannot reach you. They are within and without. There are no walls thick enough to hide the knowledge of God. Every man, woman, teen and child can hear the voice of God and see His handiwork. They hear it in their own language and they see with their eyes the work of His hands. They hear His voice, they study His sciences, they see what God has done with their eyes.

God is real and God is wonderful. I am thankful that God used His universe to reveal Himself to me. I have taken note of the many ways that God has used to get my attention. They are more numerous than the sand of the sea. I have also noticed that not one moment in time goes by where God is not present, fully aware of my situation and circumstance and completely invested in me. Through it all, (and some of it has not been pretty), God was God in my life. The knowledge I have of God, He has taught me through the experiences of life.

  • If the heavens do not declare the glory of God to you, what is declared when you look out beyond yourself?
  • If the firmament does not show its handiwork to you, what do you see when you see all of nature cooperating together to produce clean air and clean water?
  • If during the day you are not hearing the voice of God, whose voice are you hearing?
  • If at night you are not receiving the knowledge of God, what knowledge are you being filled with?

What language do you speak, that what God has said and done, is not translated to your understanding?
The heavens declare the glory of God and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment