There are two major themes here. "a certain man said unto Him, Lord, I will follow Thee withersoever Thou goest." It amazes me how many people call Jesus Lord, but they really don't have a clue what it means.
"I will follow Thee withersoever Thou goest:"
- As long as it does not conflict with my favorite TV show
- As long as my wife/husband agrees that this is a good time to do something for the Lord
- As long as it does not conflict with what I already believe
- As long as it is between 11:00 am and 12:00 pm on Sunday
- As long as I don't have to go anywhere other than where I already go
- As long as I don't have to speak with .....
- As long as ??? is not going to be there
- As long as I get paid
- As long as I think it will be of personal benefit to me to do so
Don't get too flustered, Jesus knows that you are just a little committed to Him. Jesus understands that most of what you do is for yourself or your immediate family and that most of what you do is for your own benefit even if it is just to get a pat on the back.
"Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of man hath not where to lay His head." Ask yourself these questions and be honest:
- If Jesus was to walk into your congregation and begin to speak, do you think the clergy would recognize Him and let Him speak?
- If Jesus was to come to your door after being beaten and left for dead would you take Him in and heal His wounds?
- If Jesus was talking to your 11 year old daughter, would you step in and pull her away?
What hope do you have? I'll tell you. You have the hope that is spoken of in the Bible. God still calls men and women, teens and children to follow Him. You are in the prime of your life to take another look at Jesus and make a decision to follow Him and give Him rest in your home. You are empowered by the indwelling Holy Spirit to go and do...... Don't be afraid to be a fool for Jesus.