Don't get confused by those who have not found their way, trying to lead the way. God leads and God teaches as we permit. In this verse God says "by the way thou shouldest go" inferring that you can certainly go another way. It's not difficult at all to go another way; just don't be who God says you are and don't do things God's way. It's also not difficult to go the God way either; just be who God says you are and follow the leading of the Spirit of God.
Have you been taught to profit? Is God mistaken? Sometimes the truth of a matter is so simple you can complicate right past it.
- God gives yous a simple straight path and you look for a labyrinth.
- God gives you simple instruction and you call out for a king.
- God leads the way by a small still voice and you listen for a loud clanking sound.
- God provides for you all that we need and you search in vain through multiple credit cards and purchase what is not yours.
- God gives you proof of Him and you look to the din of others to fill your mind with the science of doubt.
Be receptive to the teaching of God and see His mighty hand working out in three weeks what you have been striving at for years.