Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Daily Devotional July 21 - God Is Greater

"And they cried unto the LORD, and said, we have sinned because we have forsaken the LORD, and have served Baalim and Ashtaroth: but now deliver us out of the hand of our enemies, and we will serve thee." 1 Samuel 12:10

Things haven't changed much. This happened around 1100B.C. They lived any ole way and served false teachers and even worshiped false gods, but when they were in trouble, who did they call out to? It's the same today. We go about our business doing as we please, the way we please,with whom we please, where we please, when we please, but when our enemies, i. e., troubles, obstacles, barriers press in, we call upon God.

"Oh God, please help me out of this situation.

My troubles are encompassing me.

Help me out of this one and I will go to church.

Help me out of this one and I will never cheat again.

Help me out of this one and I will tithe.

Help me out of this one and I will read my Bible.

Help me out of this one and I will change my ways.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't go to God and plead your case and ask forgiveness and rectify the situation and reconcile the situation and get help from God. What I am saying is, why wait until you are covered up with troubles to get God's help? You need to stop for a minute and get a handle on this problem. You know you have issues, and you know that some of your current trouble is self induced. Why not go to God before things get out of hand and get His help?

Those who wait until they are backed against the wall to call on God miss out on so many blessings, so many gifts from God, so much peace in their heart. If you are not currently serving God in your heart and in your mind to the best of your ability, nothing more, you are robbing yourself and those around you of receiving the bounty prepared for you from the foundation of the world. God only will bless you when you come to Him. Get it out of your mind that you can't reconcile to God because of this or that. It's not true. You can and God will assist you in any matter where you come to Him and ask. Even if you have not served God in any capacity, when you call out on God, God shows up and works it out on your behalf, every time.

That's right, even when you have failed miserably and you have shunned God and you have not given God any of your time and attention, God extends a hand to lift you up. God is good and greatly to be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment