I would say today, 'O Foolish church, who hath bewitched you, that you should not obey the truth, but through other means you find solace and comfort for your soul; through lukewarm teaching that gives you comfort that you have no responsibility for your actions or through candy coated preaching you get the feeling that you don't really need to know the truth anyway.'
- Haven't you seen enough, that you now know without a doubt from whence your strength comes?
- Haven't you already seen the mighty hand of God at work on your behalf?
- Do you still need convinced of the work that Christ did on the cross on your behalf?
- Who told you that you could be entangled in the world and have peace with God at the same time?
- Who told you that you don't need to follow Christ?
- Who told you that your actions were inconsequential?
- Who told you that faith in Jesus and religion are the same thing?
- Who told you that you could do things your own way without consulting God and expect it to work out?
- Who told you you are of no value?
- Who told you that you can't follow God in your daily life?
- Who told you you are too old to accomplish what God called you to?
- Who told you that you are too young to do a great thing for God?
- O foolish Church who told you that you don't need weekly fellowship with other like minded Christians?
God made His church to be united and to seek His face and to look in the scriptures to get answers. Those who rely on someone else to do their Bible study for them will not advance the kingdom, nor will they understand God's ways, nor will they be able to interpret the leading of the Holy Spirit in their life. They are the blind leading the blind.
The Church should be a beacon of light in a dark place. Churches today should be so full that people would have to stand outside to hear the message. It's not just the poor quality of preaching that is to blame, it is you and I also for settling for less than God demands. Let's take back our Christian heritage and start obeying the truth/the will of God.