Search This Blog

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Daily Devotional July 4 - God changes Not

"The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust Him." Nahum 1:7

713 BC and Nahum is expressing His understanding of how God works among mankind. Thanks to Nahum and other prophets and Bible writers we have the inspired Word of God, the Bible. Over centuries men and women of faith have discovered and revealed God. One of the wonders of the scriptures is just how 'the same' things are as they were then as pertains to people. Yes technology has made some forward motion, medicine and all the sciences have expanded and advanced to offer more than ever before. But even in the non-techno age men and women had minds to think and think they did. Some of the greatest achievements come from the non-techno eras.

One thing for certain, as I read the prophets I notice an understanding that they all have about the economy of God and it seems to me to be the same today as yester-year. The God that I serve is the same one that Nahum served and the justice and grace, mercy and commands of God hold true today just the same as yesterday.

Yes much has changed, but much has stayed the same also. I like the fact that I can count on God responding to me in the same Holy way that He responded to Nahum. God reveals Himself and discloses His attributes perfectly today and perfectly yesterday, all the way back to Adam. We are His offspring and the apple of His eye, His people. I hope that you have taken time to see God with your spiritual eyes and to hear God with your spiritual ears so that you too can say with all vigor, "Thus saith the LORD" to you.

God is my stronghold in troubles and I fully understand that He knows that I trust Him. Does that mean that at all times I am strong and that I never have a discouraging thought or that I will always do the right thing? No. But it does mean that God will be there, always lead me and guide me in the right direction and council me to do the right thing. It is God who changes not and can be counted on every time, not Nahum and not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment