Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2015

Daily Devotional May 29 - God's Grace

"But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you." 1 Peter 5:10

"The God of all grace." I am excited every time I even hear the word grace.

  • I know where grace comes from and the grace that God freely bestows is the real thing. God's grace makes me tingle with joy.
  • I know that because of God's grace I will not receive a fair trial when life comes to an end, because God's grace is my covering and Jesus is my advocate. I will be pardoned for my role in not following God's best for my life.
  • I know that because of God's grace, tomorrow has within it, unlimited resources and boundary-less parameters.
  • I know that because of God's grace today will be full of God and whatever befalls me has been tempered by the grace of God.

God's grace is more than unmerited favor and more than atonement for sins, it is the only reason you can be at peace with God at all. God's grace bridges the gap between your finite and somewhat stubborn mind and the infinite and perfect mind of God. I wouldn't change a thing that has to do with the grace of God. It is perfect.

God knows that you will have suffering in your life. God knows about the hard times behind you or the ones you are in right now or those that wait ahead. God has intervened already, before your calamity, before you ask, and he has provided the power of His grace directly to your situation.

You will suffer a while and then...whoa!! God works out for you, in this life, that the burdens that once plagued you or that you are currently going through have a limited season. What is unlimited is what God is going to do with your situation. If you have already came through the fire, you should be able to see what God did to protect you. If you are currently going through the fire, don't let go of God's promise to you. Hold on tight and wait on the LORD. God will not let you down.

God is going to establish you. Don't be afraid to take back lost territory.
God will assist you, but you have to make a concerted effort in your own heart.
God will strengthen you. Look up and expect to get some spiritual biceps. God is strengthening you so that you can continue to fulfill your purpose, in and through Christ.
God will settle you. God will lay a basis for your life to move forward with purpose and an expected end. No more worrying about having it all work out, God will make a way for you.

Think on what God has already accomplished for you and you will have no trouble understanding that God will settle you. There is rest in your soul when you truly trust God's actions. God's grace, what a marvelous plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment