This is why it is so important to keep your eyes on the ball. Only with God is there any hope that your future will be bright and full of good things. Even some of the things that seem unmanageable to the world can be understood and appreciated as a follower of Jesus Christ.
The reason: God is able. I remember the first time I realized how important this is. I was putting together the names of God/Jesus and one of the first on the list was able. "God is Love." "God is a consuming fire." God is omnipotent. God is omniscient. God is immutable. God is able. Because God is able you don't have to fear life like the world does, nor do you have to fear your enemy like the world does. Because God is able, you are able.
- You are able to do much more than you have in mind.
- You are able to transcend the indiscretions of the past.
- You are able to take back territory from those who stole from you.
- You are able to finish your education and move forward with your plan to teach.
- You are able to, at your age, to write a story or a poem that moves the hearts of many.
- You are able to buy that business. Talk to God and go make a deal.
- You are able to get up and go to church each week. Your pastor deserves to see you there.
- You are able to win that tennis match against a higher ranked player. Get up earlier and practice with intent.
- You are able to get through technical school and get a better job. Hang in there when your body wants to quit. You can and will do it.
- You are able as a doctor to apply your faith while serving the public. Quit hiding the importance of performing your God given, life saving skills, with applied faith.
- You are able to win that next case on behalf of the underdog. Dig deeper and find the gems that will make the difference for your client. Even if you have to do it on your own time.
- You are able because God is able. Think about living like you are the express image of the living God.