Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Daily Devotional June 13 - Jesus is next to you right now

"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20

The church is made up of believers in the Christ. When people gather together and go to church it is because they want to meet with other like minded people to share their lives, worship and praise the Lord and to learn from the wisdom of a studied preacher. This is a good thing and should not be made light of. The church is also wherever two or more members of the body of Christ are at at the same time. The church is also one believer listening to and responding to Jesus.

There is something unique about two or more gathering together in the name of Jesus. I can tell you from experience that I have seen and participated in mighty exploits through prayer with just someone else and myself. I have seen miracles, healings, changed hearts, the lost found, the wayward coming home and a change inside of my own mind simply by the prayers of another. When I gather to pray with my wife or others, one on one, I do not take for granted that Jesus is there. I have come to know that not only is Jesus there because He said He would be, but He would be there even if He hadn't said He would be, because that's the work of God, men and women, teens and children all gathered together with God in the midst. God made it this way.

When you go to church and the service is going on and you are fidgeting about and/or bored, just try to remember that Jesus is there. Could it be that you are missing out of a monumental moment with the Master, because the church isn't being run the way you would like it? Get over it. Jesus is in the midst. Rise above the frey. Take the moment to call out to Jesus to meet your needs or someone else's. Jesus is there. If we gave Jesus His rightful place every time we were gathered together, I'll bet we could get over the petty difference that are currently separating us from others. Maybe when we are with others in Jesus' name we should be contemplating hearing His voice instead of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment